I wish I could write this from the viewpoint of a guy, but I can’t. I could even try to pull from what I think Devin likes, but even then I’d be taking a guess.
Instead, I’m offering up some last minute gift ideas for the active lady on your list. She may not be vocal about what she needs to keep her running, lifting, and stretching like a champ because she’s too busy doing one of the above, so let me help
From stocking stuffers to those gifts you can wrap for under the tree, these are a few of my favorite things (channeling my inner Oprah…)
Let’s start with STOCKING STUFFERS
1. bkr Water Bottle: I actually got this as event SWAG (not bad, right?) and I’ve fallen in love. I carry it in my purse all the time because it’s pretty enough to pass as an accessory, but the opening is also small enough that I can drink from it during a workout and not have half of it down the front of my chin. Shop for it through Lucy and you can also nab a great headband or hat!
2. Feetures Socks: I wrote about these in my spring fitness favorites, and they still top my list. Even after multiple washes, they still offer a cushiony hug. Plus, my feet stay pretty much blister free, which is huge for me!
3. Ultimate Direction Meow Pack: For long runs and races, this is my go to! It sits perfectly on my hip or low back and chaffing is non-existent since Jenny makes these for a woman’s shape. I also have a rather large phone (Samsung S5, same size at iPhone 6) and it fits perfectly.
4. Nuun Electrolyte Tabs: I keep one in every gym bag I own, plus one in my purse. I’m obsessed with the flavors (watermelon, cherry limeade, and pink lemonade). And the Energy Nuun is worth it if you need a pick me up before an evening run or class. It’s only equal to a half cup of coffee, so it’s just enough for that burst of energy.
Now, if you’re not stuffing any stockings this year, but are looking for a fitness item to wow her with, don’t you worry, I’ve got you covered with that as well:
1. Fitbit Surge: Ok, so this hasn’t technically launched, and I haven’t even tried it. But I have used quite a few of the fitbit products and loved all of them. So if you need something for now, any of their products would make a good gift. But, you can always wrap a picture of the Surge and tell her when it launches, her’s will be on its way Heart rate, GPS, phone alerts, and much much more. I WILL BE GETTING THIS!
2. Mile 22 Bag: Does she have a ton of race bibs sitting around that she can’t part with but are also collecting a lot of dust? Then this is the perfect gift! They transform old race bibs into beautiful bags that do double duty for her gym clothes and post race necessities. If you’re her race support, you may also be toting this to the spectator points along the course
3. A Race Entry: These add up and if she truly loves destination races, then it might be just the gift to buy her a race entry to a certain locale. Not only will she partake in one of her favorite activities, but then the two of you will have a great vacation on the books for 2015. Looking for a few suggestions?
Big Sur Half Marathon – November 8, 2015 (After seeing “Wild” I’m all about the Pacific Coast)
Myrtle Beach Half Marathon – February 14, 2015 (Valentines Race?)
Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon – July 30, 2015 (Wine, Dine, & Run)
4. Procompression Women’s Leggings: The good news for you? These are 42% off right now! Well everything on the site is and that’s just plain awesome when we’re a little over a week away from the holiday. While you may think they’re really tight (#keepittight) they actually feel more like a hug. Are you seeing a trend here (feetures explanation above)? I’ve only had these for a week, but I’ve been pretty much living in them and will be purchasing a 2nd pair.
Hope these suggestions help! I’d love to hear from you and what’s on your wish list this year! Especially if you’re a dude – always good to get more ideas from that perspective