One of my New Year’s resolutions for 2015 was to read 1 book per month. Guess what number I’m on?
Ok, so I’m a little behind. But, I’m not upset. I’m reading a lot more this year than I was last and I think that’s the whole point of resolutions – improvement. Maybe next year I’ll get to 1 book per month 😉
I have read some fantastic books lately and I wanted to share them with you! If you want to follow me on GoodReads, click here. We can recommend books to each other – that’s how I prefer to figure out my next one, recommendations!
1. Unbroken: This was a tough book for me to read. Great story and wonderfully written characters, but what Louis went through truly broke my heart. Having grandparents that fought in the war, it was eye opening to some of the tragedies that went on during that time. Don’t get me wrong, it was definitely a story of human triumph and the resilience of the human spirit!
2. Wild: This was more of a late 2014 read, but who cares!? I loved it! I want to read it again. It was inspiring, jaw dropping, and touching all at the same time. It was a little tough for me to get started but after about 50 pages, I couldn’t put it down!
3. Picture Perfect: I love Jodi Piccoult and this one did not let me down.
4. Delicious: It was almost a guilty read, except that it had great historical references plus a mystery embedded into it. If you love food and you love books, you’ll love this one!
5. The Husband’s Secret: AMAZING! I read this in just about a week. This is a book that could keep you up to 2am. The interweaving of lives was unbelievable. I picked up another one of Liane’s books “What Alice Forgot” because I just loved her style of writing.
– Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
– What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
– Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
What’s on your bookshelf?