How do you fit working out into your day?
Like many other people, I schedule it. I know in my head when I have time to work out. It takes a little bit of time to make it a habit, but once it is, it will be second nature to have your sneakers waiting for you at the front door.
Do you count calories?
I know approximately how many calories I need and approximately how many are in the foods I consume regularly. While calorie counting is a great tool for weight loss and weight maintenance, I don’t regularly count calories. I listen to my hunger pains, I allow myself to indulge every so often, and I listen to my body’s signals when it has had too much or too little.
What are some things on your bucket list?
I think I’ve been doing a good job of crossing off my bucket list lately, so here’s an ever evolving list with things that I’ve done:
- Run a marathon before I’m 30 – CHECK! Ran the Pittsburgh Marathon in May 2011
- Run a half marathon in under 2 hours – CHECK! 1:58 at the Philly Love Run 2015
- Start my own business and have it be successful
- Start a family
- Travel out west – CHECK! Went to Colorado this past summer (2012) still want to do a grand canyon trip though
- Travel to Italy – CHECK! Studied abroad in Rome learning about the Mediterranean diet and international nutrition
- Go back to Italy
- Get a dog
- Race a triathlon
- Visit Napa Valley
Do you prefer breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
BREAKFAST! Hands down. I love pancakes and anything with peanut butter!
What’s your favorite workout?
Running and yoga. I really can’t choose, because it depends on my mood. But each help me to decompress.
Have more questions! Feel free to contact me!